Memorial park „October of Kragujevac“
The park spreads on the area where fascist occupants during World War II on the 21st of October 1941 shot thousands of Kragujevac citizens, men, women and children. The reason for shooting was fascists’ losses during struggles with liberation movement of the way Kragujevac – Gornji Milanovac. In honour of these victims the whole area called Šumarica was turned into the Memorial Park with the territory of 352 hectares. The Memorial Park “October of Kragujevac” was founded in 1953. Here, nearby the monument to deceased pupils and professors “Great School hour” is held every day. A circular path 7 km long is cleared within the park, visitors may see locations with 30 common graves and sculptors, the most prominent of which are: „ Monument to pain and defiance “ by Ante Gržetić, 1959; the „Monument to deceased pupils and professors “ by Miodrag Živković, 1963 and the monument “A hundred for one” by Nandor Glid, 1980.