Discover Serbia in 7 Days
Belgrade – Bohemian quarter (optional activity)
Upon arrival in Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, you will be welcomed by your Tour Manager and escorted to your hotel. When you get into your coach, just relax and meet New Belgrade within a short drive from Nikola Tesla Airport to your hotel. You’ll see prominent Belgrade’s blocks, classic example of Socialistic architecture, built after World War II, and modern business centers among which Usce Center surely predominates. During the drive enjoy the image and stories about Western Gate of Belgrade, famous Belgrade Arena and monumental Palace of Serbia. Check-in at your hotel. Free time.
After some rest in the hotel, prepare yourself for a traditional Serbian dinner in Skadarlija – Bohemian heart of Belgrade. It’s well-known that the best tourist attraction of Serbia is local food accompanied by traditional music. Try out numerous local specialties and take a chance to get to know each other during pleasant dinner in authentic restaurant. Return to the hotel and overnight.
Belgrade – Great Sightseeing Tour
After breakfast, start coach & walking tour around Belgrade, capital that is well known for its various architectural styles, dynamic history and fantastic views of one of the biggest river confluence in the whole Europe. Start the tour visiting Yugoslav History Museum, memorial complex devoted to life and deeds of Josip Broz Tito, political leader of Yugoslavia. Then you will pass by the stadium of FC Red Star, former European and World Cup champion, and proceed to Saint Sava Temple, symbol and patron of Belgrade, impressive building that can be seen from any part of the capital. After a short break at the Temple’s plateau, panoramic tour will go on to Slavija Square, Saint Mark’s Church, Serbian National Parliament and White Palace, all way to the Republic Square, most central point of Belgrade that is surrounded by cultural institutions such as the National Theatre and National Museum. Go on with a walking tour through lively Knez Mihailo Street, main walking and shopping zone, and visit the Orthodox Cathedral, just across The Building of Patriarchate. Hear great stories about “Question Mark – ?”, the oldest tavern in the city, and continue to Kalemegdan Park and Belgrade Fortress, the most important cultural-historic complex of the city, situated on the confluence of the rivers Sava and Danube.
Novi Sad – Petrovaradin – Sremski Karlovci (optional excursion)
Breakfast. Free day in Belgrade or (Optional excursion): Novi Sad – Petrovaradin – Sremski Karlovci. During this tour we will explore the most interesting sights of Vojvodina, Serbian Northern Province. Drive through picturesque sceneries and famous wine region toward “Serbian Holly land” that hosts 17 functioning Serbian Orthodox monasteries.
Tour continues to Sremski Karlovci. Sremski Karlovci presents a real gem of Serbian culture and spirituality. Baroque city center, The Building of Patriarchate, Cathedral of Saint Nicolas and first Serbian Gymnasium – all this make Sremski Karlovci a “museum town”.
Further on, you are going to Novi Sad, historical border of two Empires – Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman, which resulted in multi-cultural town with interesting mix of architectural influences. We’ll see Dunavska and Zmaj Jovina Street that compose city’s pedestrian zone, the City Hall, Catholic Church, old city center, the house of Albert Einstein’s wife Mileva, Serbian oldest cultural scientific institution Matica Srpska and Synagogue. Then you’ll follow to the right bank of Danube and visit Petrovaradin, so-called Danube’s Gibraltar, where the Fortress is located. Drive back to Belgrade. Overnight.
Resava Treasury Tour – Manasija Monastery, Resava Cave, Lisina Waterfalls (optional excursion)
Breakfast. Free day in Belgrade or (Optional excursion): Resava Treasury – Manasija Monastery, Resavska cave, Lisina Waterfalls. Departure from Belgrade in the morning hours, drive towards the first sights of the tour. Monastery Manasija (Resava) with the Church of Saint Trinity is located in central Serbia along the right bank of the Resava river. Manasija was built like a real military fortification with towers and walls with a ditch during the rule of Despot Stefan Lazarević in the early 15th century. Turks conquered the Monastery in the 15th century, Austrians – in the 18th, so in the 19th century the Monastery was restored twice. Floor mosaics and wall fresco along with architectural objects of Manasija represent a real rarity for Serbian medieval architecture and old Serbian painting. There are preserved ruins of the refectory and library that hosted Resava Scriptorium.
The tour proceeds to the Resava Cave that was discovered long ago but is still one of the most interesting caves in Serbia. Resava cave and 11 hectares area around it are the natural monument protected by the state. Time for lunch at the restaurant near the Lisina waterfalls, one of the most spectacular natural monuments in Serbia. Return to Belgrade. Overnight.
Belgrade – Mokra Gora Mountain – Sargan 8 – Wooden-Town – Zlatibor Mountain
Breakfast and check-out. Morning departure from Belgrade and drive toward Western Serbia via picturesque Ovcar-Kablar Canyon that extends above meanders of the Western Morava River. You will proceed to Tara National Park and contemplate its beauties from authentic, retro and the most popular Balkan train, Sargan 8 Railway. Expect a drive in a train that travels from the bottom of Sargan mountain, on a way that is formed in the shape of number eight. At the beginning of the 20th century it used to be a part of the railway from Belgrade to Sarajevo. Journey on retro-train called “Nostalgy” will bring you back to past and will let you enjoy mountain sceneries and numerous tunnels and viaducts.
Enjoy breathtaking nature and arrive at Ethno-village “Wooden Town” or Drvengrad that was built by prominent movie director Emir Kusturica. All the objects, including Mecavnik Hotel, apartment houses, galleries, shops, cinema and churches are made of natural materials, mostly from wood. Since the traditional film festival “Kustendorf” is held here, Wooden Town had an honor to accommodate biggest movie stars: Johnny Depp, Monica Belucci, Jim Jarmusch and many others.
Upon sightseeing at Drvengrad you will have a short drive to famous Zlatibor Mountain, first Royal resort in Serbia, and then enjoy a relaxing walk around the town center of this prominent air spa. Enjoy traditional Serbian food during the dinner and overnight at the local Hotel.
Natural Reserve Uvac and ethno village Sirogojno
Breakfast and check-out. Departure from Zlatibor in the morning, transfer to Special Natural Reserve „Uvac“. The Reserve is located between mountains Javor and Zlatar. The main attraction of the Reserve is the habitat of Griffon vulture. Griffon vulture is a relatively rare species of bird of prey whose population in Uvac Reserve is the biggest in Europe. Bird’s wing span is about 3m, weight – up to 11 kg which makes this griffon biggest bird in Serbia. Griffon vulture is not the only attraction of the Reserve; this is why the tour goes on a water way from the dam up to meanders. For centuries the Uvac River has been making its way through mountains leaving deep meanders and creating caves that annually attract lots of tourists. During the sail on meanders you’ll stop by Ice and Usac caves.
After this exciting boat trip get back to Zlatibor and visit Sirogojno village mostly famous for ethnological museum and prominent “Sirogojno sweaters” made of raw wool. We will see Ethnological exposition of the unique outdoor complex – Museum “Old village”. Drive to Belgrade. Hotel check-in. Overnight
Departure from Belgrade
Breakfast and hotel check-out. Depending of the time of departure, use your free time and explore Belgrade on your own. Transfer to the Airport. End of services.
PRICES AND TOUR DATES:
- 5 BB in Belgrade in Hotel Royal Inn 4* / Hotel Life Design 4* / Hotel Prag 4* or similar,
- 1 HB in Zlatibor in Hotel 4* or Mountain villa 4*,
- Airport arrival and departure transfers,
- All sightseeing tours and transfers that are written in this program, except those marked as optional tours,
- Entrance tickets to the Museum of Yugoslav history, Wooden-Town, Natural reserve Uvac, Sirogojno village,
- Welcome dinner in Bohemian quarter – Skadarlija,
- Ticket for the ride on Museum Train – Šargan eight *,
- Boat trip from Perast to the Island Our Lady of the Rock,
- Professional tour guidance throughout the tour,
- VAT, Accommodation taxes and City taxes in every country,
- Tour logistics and organization by licensed incoming agency.
- 1/1 Room supplement (on basic price): € 140 in Regular season and High season.
- 1/3 Room reduction (per person on basic price): -30 €.
- Child from 0 to 2 years old – FREE of charge.
- Child from 2 to 12 years old, in existing bed – 50% discount on basic price.
- Child from 2 to 12 years old, in extra bed – 1/3 Room Reduction Policy.
- Child from 12 years old and above – 1/3 Room Reduction Policy.
- Skadarlija – Bohemian night: € 35 per person (drinks not included)
- Novi Sad – Petrovaradin – Sremski Karlovci: € 49 per person
- Resava Treasury Tour: € 59 per person.
- Tour duration: 7 days.
- Tips and porterage services are not included in price.
- Final choice of the hotels depends on current availability. Tour organizer reserves the right to change the hotel due to availability reasons, but warrants the same category, service quality and similar location of the accommodation unit.
- Tour departures are guaranteed for 2+ persons.
- Tour organizer reserves the right to change the itinerary of the tour due to unexpected slow-moving traffic at international borders. These changes will not affect the basic itinerary.
- Tour passengers’ responsibility is to get acquainted with visa requirements of all the countries they are travelling to or transit.
- * Due to the limited capacity of the Museum Train – Sargan eight, in case of unavailability, tickets will not be booked, and the customer will be refunded an amount of ticket price (10 €). After/before the booking, the agency may, by costumer’s request, within 48 hours, inform the customer whether the agency will reserve the requested tickets.
- General Travel Conditions issued on January 25, 2019 by “Tour Operator doo” and reconciled with YUTA standards are valid for this program.
If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your tour, you should notify us or the travel agent you made the booking with, in written. If you cancel the tour we will then apply refund policy as defined below. Cancellation schedule will be applied starting the date of written notification receipt. The refund amounts shown represent a percentage of the total tour price.
For cancellation up to 60 days before departure – 100% refund.
For cancellation from 59 days till 46 days before departure – 90% refund.
For cancellation from 45 days till 31 days before departure – 80% refund.
For cancellation from 30 days till 16 days before departure – 70% refund.
For cancellation from 15 days till 8 days before departure – 50% refund.
For cancellation from 7 days till the day of departure – 0% refund.d.
Beside all standard reasons, the above stated cancellation policy will also apply if tour participant cancels the tour for a reason with medical grounds, visa issuance, jury service etc.