Imperial Cities of Europe – 6 Countries: Hungary – Austria – Slovakia – Czech R. – Germany – Slovenia
*If you are arriving in Budapest a few days prior to the tour departure, you can book additional nights with us, at the same hotel, for a surcharge of €85 (Standard package) or €105 (Superior package). Prices are per person, per night, in a double room.
Arrival to Budapest
Upon arrival in Budapest, the capital of Hungary, you will be welcomed by your driver and escorted to your hotel. On the short coach ride from the Ferenc Liszt International airport, sit back, relax and enjoy the sights of Budapest, the city of bridges and thermal baths. Known by its youthful atmosphere and beautiful architecture, Budapest is with good reason nicknamed “Paris of the East”. Check-in at your hotel.
Use your free time to rest and prepare for the trip. At 7pm in the hotel reception, you will be greeted by your guide who will introduce himself and provide you with detailed information about the entire trip. Overnight.
Day 2 / Leisure day
After breakfast, you will set off on a tour (walking and driving) around Budapest. With a unique, youthful atmosphere, a world-class classical music scene as well as a pulsating night life and, last but not least, an exceptionally rich offering of natural thermal baths, Budapest is one of Europe’s most delightful and enjoyable cities. Due to its scenic setting and its architecture, it is nicknamed the ‘Paris of the East’. Thanks to their cultural and architectural significance, the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrássy Avenue were added to the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Budapest sightseeing tour will show you all the major landmarks of the city: Chain Bridge, Margaret Bridge, the Castle District with Matiass Church, the Fishermen’s Bastion with the beautiful panoramic views, Gellért Hill (Citadel) with the most spectacular view of Budapest, Elisabeth Bridge, the Central Market Hall, the largest synagogue in Europe, the City Park, Heroes’ Square with statues of the most famous Hungarian kings and dukes, the Opera House, Saint Stephen’s Basilica, the Hungarian Parliament Building and many others.
Optional excursion in Budapest :
– Danube Cruise: Experience the beautiful sights of Budapest from a different perspective, during a 1.5 hour cruise along the Danube River. On board you can enjoy a welcome drink and one glass of wine, with the option of a traditional Hungarian buffet dinner.
Budapest – Vienna
Breakfast. Drive to Vienna with expected arrival around noon.
Visiting Vienna is an architectural dream! You cannot help but be impressed by the sheer scale and beauty of some of Vienna’s most iconic landmarks. The sightseeing tour starts with buildings and attractions within Ringstrasse, which are excellent examples of 16th and 17th century architecture. After passing the old university, your attention will be caught by Vienna City Hall, a building in the neo-Gothic style. The Parliament building, Burgtheater, Naturhistorisches Museum, Kunsthistorisches Museum and Hofburg Imperial Palace all give you the impression that you are travelling through history. Walking along the main pedestrian street, you will see the newer and renovated part of Vienna, before you reach Saint Stephen’s Cathedral, the most important Gothic structure in Austria. Continuing along the street from Stephenplatz, right after Hotel Sacher and the famous Albertina museum, you will stumble upon the impressive Vienna State Opera, considered one of the most important Opera houses in the world and the home of the famous Vienna Opera Ball.
In the afternoon and evening, use your free time to explore the city further, or visit some of its great museums, or try the famous Wiener Schnitzel and other local specialties in one of the many traditional restaurants.
Schönbrunn Palace – Bratislava – Prague
Breakfast. For visiting royal city of Vienna one day is not enough! Start your second day in Vienna with a visit to the astonishing Schönbrunn Palace, one of the most important architectural and historical landmarks in all of Austria, listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The history of the palace and its gardens spans over 300 years and reflects the changing tastes and aspirations of Austria’s monarchy. While you are visiting the former imperial summer residence, you can feel how the imperial family once lived. At the end of the tour, you will have time to take a stroll through the palace labyrinth gardens or to enjoy a cup of original Viennese coffee and a piece of delicious apple strudel.
In the afternoon, Bratislava is waiting for you. Start the tour with a visit to the most important and historical sights of the city, such as the Presidential Palace, Eurovea – the modern city centre, the National Theatre, the Art Nouveau church and others. The tour will stop at Bratislava Castle for you to take pictures, as well as at the Slavín memorial monument, which not only highlights the tragedy of war but also offers fantastic views.
Drive to Prague. Check-in at the hotel.
Day 5 / Leisure day
Breakfast. Prague – a European city of culture, the Golden City, the City of a Hundred Towers – is a magical city of bridges, cathedrals, gold towers and church domes, situated on the river Vltava. It has the best preserved medieval town centre in Europe and all the attributes of one of the most modern European cities. Start your sightseeing at Prague Castle (Pražský hrad), the most popular attraction and officially the largest ancient castle in the world. Within its walls lies a varied and fascinating collection of historic buildings, museums and galleries. Listen to interesting stories and walk around Saint Vitus Cathedral, the Old Royal Palace, the Basilica of Saint George and other historical gems inside the walls. Before heading down to the old city, you will stop at two viewpoints with amazing views over Prague. Below the castle, cross the amazing Charles Bridge and feel like you are in a medieval storybook. Wander through the small, charming streets of the old town until you arrive at Old Town Square, the location of the Town Hall and Astronomical Clock, one of the oldest clocks in the world and a symbol of Prague.
– Optional excursion in Prague:
Vltava Cruise with dinner: Sip a glass of Moravian plum brandy, sit back, relax and enjoy the views of Prague’s illuminated attractions. On the leisurely 3 hour cruise, feel the magic of Prague by night and taste different Czech specialties from the delicious buffet.
Prague – Regensburg – Munich
Breakfast. Drive to Regensburg, one of the top 10 sights and travel attractions in Germany. The medieval centre of the city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a testimony of the city’s status as the cultural centre of southern Germany in the middle Ages. The old stone bridge over the Danube, the cathedral and Krauterermarkt square with the Collegiate Church of Saint John, the Cathedral Treasury Museum, Heuport house and the historic Adler Pharmacy are Regensburg’s most significant architectural landmarks.
The evening is reserved for Munich, famous for its beautiful architecture, fine culture and the annual Oktoberfest beer celebration. Germany’s unofficial southern capital, proud of its pretzels, BMW and football club Bayern Munich, is considered the most liveable city in Germany. Walking around the centre of the city, you will see some world-class sights and typical Munich architecture with alpine influence. Sights on your tour include the Pinakotheken art museums, the world famous Hofbrauhaus, the National Theatre with the Royal Palace, Marienplatz and the Viktualien market with its colourful outdoor stalls and many others. Hotel check-in and overnight.
Munich – Salzburg – Hallstatt – Villach
Breakfast. Continue your journey with a visit to Salzburg, a cultural hub of Austria, famous as the birthplace of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Its picturesque old town with its world famous baroque architecture is one of the best preserved city centres in the German-speaking world and is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Take a relaxing walk with your guide, listen to unheard stories and see the Mirabell Gardens, Mozarteum – a music academy, the Marionette and Regional Theatres, Markart Square, Blasius Church, Mozart’s Square… and many more! Make the most of your time in the city by taking a walk along the Salzach River or climbing up to the Hohensalzburg fortress, and don’t forget to try the popular Mozartkugeln, chocolate-covered marzipan balls inspired by the famous composer, Salzburg’s most famous son, Mozart.
The next stop in Austria will be the breathtaking village of Hallstatt. With pastel-coloured houses that cast shimmering reflections onto the glassy waters of the lake and with towering mountains on all sides, Hallstatt’s beauty alone would be enough to guarantee it fame. Boats chug tranquilly across the lake from the train station to the village, situated precariously on a narrow stretch of land between mountain and shore. Until the 19th century, the beautiful Austrian village of Hallstatt was accessible only by boat or mountain trail. Today, this beautiful village is easily accessible and willing to show its main attractions: the Kalvarienberg Church, Market Square, numerous archaeological artefacts, Hallstatt Museum, The Charnel House in Michael’s Chapel with 1200 skulls, among others.
The small Austrian tour will be finished with an evening visit to Villach, the second largest Austrian city, well known for its legendary carnival. Surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery, close to one of the crossroads of central Europe, the city attracts many visitors. In this so-called walker’s paradise, you will see Villach Main Square with Trinity Column, Holy Cross Church, the Parish Church of Saint Jacob and many others. Hotel check-in and overnight.
Villach – Bled – Ljubljana
Breakfast. Start the Slovenian daily tour with a visit to Bled. This alpine lake with its beautiful island (the most photographed sight in Slovenia) has been a world renowned paradise for centuries, impressing visitors with its natural beauty, wealth of legend and reported special powers believed to help restore wellbeing. You will get to try the famous Bled cream cake and rest your soul looking at the picture-postcard in front of you – emerald green mountain lake that is decorated with island and a church in the center of it, and the medieval castle on a top of the rocky cliff, which reflects in the lake in order to complete this lifelong memory.
Proceed to Ljubljana, the magical capital of Slovenia that boasts of real charm and a great cultural scene. You will be led along the riverfront to the city’s beautiful cultural landmarks, including the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas, the baroque Town Hall, the medieval town square “Mestni Trg” and Robba’s Fountain, as well as the picturesque central open-air market and the Triple Bridge. After the tour, you will have free time to take a lunch on the banks of the romantic Ljubljanica River.
Check-in at the hotel.
Breakfast and hotel check-out. As most of our clients decide to extend their trip within their own organisation, transfer to the airport at the end of the tour is not included in the overall price. Any guests who would like Serbia Tour Operator to organise a departure transfer on their behalf are welcome to contact us. End of services.
*If you are departing from Ljubljana a few days after the tour end, you can book additional nights with us, at the same hotel, for a surcharge of €80 (Standard package) or €110 (Superior package). Prices are per person, per night, in a double room.
*Private tours are available upon request. Private departures can be scheduled on any day of the year. For more information, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
General inclusions // Valid both for Standard and Superior Package:
- Airport arrival transfer
- All sightseeing tours and transfers that are included in the itinerary, except those marked as ‘optional tours’
- Entrance ticket to Hallstatt Charnel House
- 1 bottle of water (0.5l) daily for each passenger
- Professional tour guidance throughout the tour
- VAT, accommodation taxes and city taxes
- Tour logistics and organization by licensed incoming agency
STANDARD package – Price includes:
- 2 BB in Budapest in Hotel Expo Congress 4* / Hotel Danubius Arena 4* / Hotel Hungaria City Center 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Vienna in Hotel Renaissance Wien 4* / Hotel Austria Trend Doppio 4* / Hotel Best Western Plus Amedia 4* or similar
- 2 BB in Prague in Hotel Clarion Congress 4* / Hotel Dorint Don Giovanni 4* / Hotel Union 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Munich in Hotel Residence Inn by Marriot City East 4* / Hotel Leonardo Munich City Olympiapark 4* / Hotel Courtyard by Marriott City East 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Villach in Hotel City 4* / Hotel Mosser 4* / Globo Plaza 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Ljubljana in Hotel Austria Trend 4* / M Hotel 4* / Hotel Lev 4* or similar
SUPERIOR package – Price includes:
- 2 BB in Budapest in Hotel Ambra 4* / Hotel Continental Budapest 4* / art’otel budapest, by Park Plaza 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Vienna in Hotel Grand Ferdinand 5* / Hotel Kaiserhof 4* / Hotel Austria Trend Savoyen 4* or similar
- 2 BB in Prague in Hotel Grandium 5* / Hotel Grandior 5* or similar
- 1 BB in Munich in Hotel Westin Grand 5* / Hotel Hilton Munich City 4* / Hotel Holiday Inn City Centre 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Villach Hotel voco Villach 4* / Hotel City 4* or similar
- 1 BB in Ljubljana in Hotel Grand Union 4* / Hotel Radisson Blu Plaza 4* / U Hotel 4* or similar
Standard packageper person €1.869
Superior packageper person €2.089
Prices for single and triple room; Child policy
Standard package supplements:
- 1/1 Room supplement (on basic price): €510 in Regular season
- 1/3 Room reduction (per person on basic price): – €60 in Regular season
Superior package supplements:
- 1/1 Room supplement (on basic price): €710 in Regular season
- 1/3 Room reduction (per person on basic price): – €80 in Regular season
Child policy (related to both packages):
- Child from 0 to 2 years old – FREE of charge.
- Child from 2 to 12 years old, in existing bed – 50% discount on basic price.
- Child from 2 to 12 years old, in extra bed – 1/3 Room Reduction Policy.
- Child from 12 years old and above – 1/3 Room Reduction Policy.
Important tour information
- Tour duration: 9 days.
- Tips and porterage services are not included in price.
- Final choice of the hotels depends on current availability. Tour organizer reserves the right to change the hotel due to availability reasons, but warrants the same category, service quality and similar location of the accommodation unit.
- Minimum number of passengers needed for guaranteed tour departure: 1.
- Tour organizer reserves the right to change the itinerary of the tour due to unexpected slow-moving traffic at international borders. These changes will not affect the basic itinerary.
- It is the responsibility of the passengers to get acquainted with visa requirements of all the countries they are travelling to or will be in transit
- General Travel Conditions issued on January 25, 2020 by “Tour Operator doo” and reconciled with YUTA standards are valid for this program.
Cancellation by the Passenger
If you or any member of your party wishes to cancel your tour, you should notify us or the travel agent you made the booking with, in written. If you cancel the tour we will then apply refund policy as defined below. Cancellation schedule will be applied starting the date of written notification receipt. The refund amounts shown represent a percentage of the total tour price.
For cancellation up to 60 days before departure – 100% refund.
For cancellation from 59 days till 46 days before departure – 90% refund.
For cancellation from 45 days till 31 days before departure – 80% refund.
For cancellation from 30 days till 16 days before departure – 70% refund.
For cancellation from 15 days till 8 days before departure – 50% refund.
For cancellation from 7 days till the day of departure – 0% refund.
Beside all standard reasons, the above stated cancellation policy will also apply if tour participant cancels the tour for a reason with medical grounds, visa issuance, jury service etc.