Unlike many European cities, Subotica’s center is not concentrating around a religious building but City Hall. Its location, size and rich architecture of Hungarian secession made City Hall Subotica’s trade mark and city symbol. It was built in the period between 1908 and 1910. City Hall is 6000 m² and has a tower 76 high and an observation point at 45,5 m height that offers a view of the whole city and suburbs. City Hall was designed by Marcell Komor and Dezso Jakab from Budapest.
City hall is symmetrically surrounding four inner patios. Northern part with magnificent park and Blue Fountain has a marble porch that leads to the first floor. First floor contains three halls: Green and Yellow (major’s cabinet nowadays), and the third one, The Grand Hall used for City Parliament’s meetings, concerts, weddings and important events. The Grand Hall is decorated with 16 magnificent stained-glass windows.